Every time Harris Teeter gives out a coupon like this, I get emails from people who want to know what to do since they missed the high value Harris Teeter Coupon that was in many cities’ Wednesday Newspapers yesterday.
This week we got a $10 off $75 coupon in the paper. It was such a great coupon because it can be used at Harris Teeter, Food Lion or Lowes Foods and since it’s valid on almost everything in the store, it could be used to stock up on meat, paper products, great deals, produce, gluten-free, organic or just items that you never seem to find coupons for.
Here are a few ideas for you if you missed out:
1. Call your local newspaper office- In my city (Wilmington, NC) the newspaper office, (1003 South 17th Street
Wilmington, NC CALL- (910) 343-2000) keeps old copies of newspapers. You have to pay regular price for them ($.75) but you can drop in during business hours to pick up a Wednesday newspaper that you may have missed. They are usually closed on weekends, though. I recommend calling to ask if there are left over Wednesday papers first.
2. Check with a neighbor/friend who subscribes to the paper. In my cul-de-sac, only two houses subscribe to the paper. Me (for the coupons) and a nice, older coupon in their 70’s/80s. I know it’s hard to believe for us couponers, but there are some people who actually read the newspaper, lol….This couple never uses the coupons and they are usually happy to give them to me if I request it.
3. Check businesses that get the paper. Try a local hotel, coffee shop, restaurant, school, workplace or doctor’s office. Also, some folks have success going to the library. They may not have thrown away their Wednesday newspapers, yet.
4. Ask inside of Harris Teeter. Many times they have the $$$ off coupons sitting behind the counter! In fact, in the past I had a cashier take someone else’s coupon from the drawer and scan it for me when I spent enough. Also, you could drop by customer service before you shop and ask if they have any extra $10 off coupons. Harris Teeter offered this coupon and they are all the same (no unique bar code), so it doesn’t hurt them to scan another coupon for you.
5. Dumpster Diving. I’m not really suggesting this because it’s illegal in most cities. BUT…if you know the owner of a recycling bin, you could ask if they have newspapers in it and you could check.
Do you have any other suggestions? Visit the Delly’s Deals Facebook page.
Harris Teeter has lots of deals this week so it’s a great week to use the $10 off $75 coupon!
Click here for a long list of great Harris Teeter deals this week!